[H-GEN] Hello everybuddy

Daehenoc n1455885 at student.fit.qut.edu.au
Mon May 25 22:10:55 EDT 1998

Hello to everybody here - i've just joined this list, so please don't hurt
me, ok? ;)

I tagged along to a HUMBUG meeting about a month ago (remember when it was
raining like buggery?) and had a ball - apart from my pro having a major
travel fit - absolutley no video whatsoever upon arrival, and only after
total dissasembly and reassembly would it work :(

I haven't had a lot of experience with Linux so far (having started using
it as a result of Network Managment & Network Admin in my IT degree @ QUT)
I have a question which I think that anybody here would be able to answer
with a contemtous flick of their Linux filled pinky ...
I want to be able to pass all login (successful & unsuccessful) messages
from telnetd, ftpd and logind (basically all stuff in /var/log/secure)
and stuff from /var/log/messages such as:

May 26 06:42:37 fred PAM_pwdb[267]: LOGIN ON tty1 BY daehenoc

and put these messages into my own special log file... I can see in the
man pages for syslog.conf and hosts.allow that the process is staring me
in the face, but i'm having trouble interperting the information presented
to me... can one of you gurus help an insignificant newbie user? :)

+ No electrons were harmed in the transmission of this message +

ONE TEQUILA,
TWO TEQUILA,
THREE TEQUILA,
FLOOR

"I know that you think that you thought that you understood what you
thought that I said, but i'm not sure that you realise that what I said
wasn't what I meant..."