[H-GEN] I'm stumped.......

Robert Brockway robert at zen.humbug.org.au
Fri May 22 01:41:07 EDT 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Michael Anthon wrote:

> Ok, well, I just did a basic install onto the new drive then copied over
> /etc, /home and /root.  Seems to be working OK.  Would have been nice to
> be able to figure out how to do it another way, but at least this works.

Good to kmow is it working.  tar (alternatively cpio) is the canonical way
to do this.  cp sux for this as it doesn't preserve permissions.  Using
tar with a -p is a good thing for this.  You do need some space to keep
the tar or tar.gz file though (can be a remove nfs mounted FS).
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at zen.humbug.org.au, robert at icc.net.au
				r.brockway at uq.edu.au