[H-GEN] apple --> BSD

Nickolas Kwiatkowski nickolas at fit.qut.edu.au
Thu May 7 19:36:25 EDT 1998

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Steve Pinel wrote:

> There is a package for Linux (don't know if it is available for BSD) called
> netatalk, which does the same thing as CAP.  I knwo that it is used by at least
> one school on the Gold Coast, and I'm thinking of having a look at it here a
> well.  The other school used it on a Unix box of some description, running a
> network of about 150 Apples, so it is quite stable and useable.

I have used netatalk + samba to allow both mac & windows machines to share
a single hdd.

Ir seems so far to be good, plus it is in the standard RPM supplied with
RedHat 5.0

Nik

Nickolas Kwiatkowski                                       ph 61 7 3864 1290
Queensland University of Technology                  nickolas at fit.qut.edu.au
Brisbane, Australia                     http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/~nickolas/