[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Daffy will _NOT_ be routing at the next meeting - Make other arrangements

Gary Curtis opus.logic at uq.net.au
Tue Mar 17 07:53:53 EST 1998

David Shackleton wrote:

> Greets all,
>
> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Gary Curtis wrote:
> > Unless someone contacts me to make other arrangements, I had not
> > planned to do anything special about the hub in my possession.
> > If both of the other two make it to the meeting you should have
> > enough ports.  You could always use coax.  :-(
>
> Coax is a four letter word starting with C.
>
> I'll be dropping through with one of the hubs circa 3-3.45pm. The other
> one - I can't remember who's currently looking after it. Gary has only
> mentioned "both of the other two" - er, there should be 3 "others"
> shouldn't there?  Unless Gary's looking after two that is.. *memory loss*

To clarify this point for all concerned.  There are/were 4 hubs.

1. Is in my possession
2. Is in David Shackleton's possession
3. Is in Michael Pick's (zer0) possession [IFAIK]
4. Is kaput, dead, demised, fscked, no longer of this ether.

If David and Michael both bring their hubs you should have enough ports.
I take 4 ports just for my gear, and I usually see quite a few free
ports
on the 2nd and 3rd hubs, so 24 ports should do you.

With regard to the 4th hub, perhaps someone in HUMBUG knows of a kind
techo who could fix it.  Who has it BTW?

Gaz
 Gary R Curtis                             mailto:opus.logic at uq.net.au
 Brisbane,  Queensland,  Australia         mailto:gaz at etc.humbug.org.au