[H-GEN] Queries

Martin Pool mbp at pharos.com.au
Sun Mar 15 06:23:58 EST 1998

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The other interesting thing is that the do give permission for people
> to impose weird licesense on executables they distribute -- you still
> have to provide source, but you can forbid people from redistributing
> the executable. I can't think of any good reasons for it, and the
> annotations Netscape provides don't exactly make it any clearer...

Although on certain execrable platforms where most people don't have
compilers, and where all (?) full-featured compilers cost money it
might well make a difference.

<Hah!>  M$ have just started printing ads trumpeting the fact that both
Mozilla and IE are built with Venereal C++.  Not for much longer,
perhaps.

--
Martin Pool