[H-GEN] customizing X

Michael Dooley m.dooley at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 11 16:06:45 EST 1998

The Fuzzy One wrote:

>snip
>         The easy solution is to replace the line in your window manager
> configuration file (if you can find it) with what you really want to
> happen, rather than make it a seperate process which runs in competition
> with the wm line.
>
>         fuzzy BSc.
>
>snip

Ta, that works a treat.  I found the offending line in
/etc/X11/AnotherLevel/fvwm2rc.init (it's pointed to in the Xclients
file)
#Stuff to do at startup
        AddToFunc       "SetupFunction"
+ "I" Exec <something>

Change the <something> to xv -root -other_options -quit /path/file &

BTW there is something I'm not sure about.  There isn't just one wm
config file, there are many eg fvwm2rc.init, fvwm2rc.defines etc.  I've
copied the ones that I want to edit to ~, so I don't have one ~/.fvwmrc
file but several individual ones. What's the standard; a single fvwmrc
file?

Michael
--
Michael Dooley PhD