[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Constitutional amendments

Robert Brockway robert at zen.humbug.org.au
Mon Jun 29 08:49:33 EDT 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Martin Pool wrote:

> > Right now it is allowed yes (by common practice at least).  But I do not
> > like it.  It looks like I might be the only one who opposes this
> > practice apparently.
>
> Why do you oppose it?  I'm just curious.

Essentially it comes down to what I see as 'vote weighting' which I regard
as pretty undemocratic.  Remember, I am refering only to a 'carte blanche'
proxy rather than the explicitly declared proxy (I will vote for Mr Smith)
which I really have no problem with.

It isn't that big an issue and if I stand alone on it, I will shutup :)
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at blake.humbug.org.au,
				robert at humbug.org.au, r.brockway at uq.net.au