[H-GEN] LAN Magazine: Crypto Article.

Martin Pool mbp at humbug.org.au
Mon Jun 29 04:37:26 EDT 1998

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 01:52:08PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> We do have some provisions for personal export of crypto software -- if
> you take a laptop out of the country with PGP on it, but make absolutely
> sure that no nasty foreigners get a copy of it, that's okay.

The same applies in the United States, and (IANAL) I believe taking
something out of the country for personal use intending to bring it
back does not count as export.

I can't help but think that chaffing and winnowing has more or less
obsoleted these laws anyhow.

>       ``It's not a vision, or a fear. It's just a thought.''

BTW, have you ever noticed the similarities between Ayn Rand and
Bertrand Russell?

--
Martin Pool