[H-GEN] fdisk

Martin Pool mbp at humbug.org.au
Sat Jun 27 02:06:59 EDT 1998

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 03:51:26AM +0000, Doug South wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having some weird problems with fdisk and a 6.0 gig drive.
[snip]

I would attempt changing between LGA/LARGE/NORMAL mode in the BIOS
settings: when I put my 4.3GB disk in this machine, changing that
fixed it.  However, I think you'll probably lost the data already on
the disk.

PC disk formats are _so_ screwed up.  Why don't people ever allow
enough space for exansion.  (Disks now ought to use 128-bit sizes, I
suppose.)

--
Martin

While I have many global complaints about the web, most of them are easily
solvable by simply lopping users' heads off.
				-- Marc Slemko