[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Constitutional amendments

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Wed Jun 24 19:18:44 EDT 1998

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Craig Eldershaw wrote:
> Also with absentee votes: the complication of people running "for
> president, or failing that, for secretaty".  With proxying, this can
> be handled, but absentee voting would be messier due to run-time config
> changes :-)

In my oppinon if we want to go down this route then we should go the whole
hog and do voting the way Unions do it. That is, each person is mailed an
electoral form with the positions and nominations, they place this in an
unmarked envelope which is then placed in a marked (this is person X's
vote envelope) and returned to the club.

Otherwise it is a very complicated system.

---
raymond at humbug.org.au