[H-GEN] (fwd) The dumbing-down of programming

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Mon Jun 8 17:37:34 EDT 1998

Martin Pool <mbp at buffalo.pharos.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

>     In the pretty, visual programming world, both the vendor and
>     programmer can get lazy. The vendor doesn't have to work as hard at
>     producing and committing itself to well-designed programming
>     interfaces. And the programmer can stop thinking about the
>     fundamentals of the system. We programmers can lay back and inherit
>     the vendor's assumptions.

Yes, and if you've ever had to hack the source code of MicroSlack
Foundation Classes to get the job done, then you know that some of
those assumptions suck way hard.  That shit is Bad Code.

cjb.

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |