[H-GEN] Softwindows for Linux ?

Peter J. Arnold p.arnold at uq.net.au
Mon Jun 1 16:17:27 EDT 1998

> Hey all,
>
> Have a look at http://www.mr-hankey.w1.net/advocate/, and consider
> signing the petition there requesting that SoftWindows (a windows
> emulator) be ported to linux.
>
> Cheers,
> Brad
> --
> Bradley Marshall
> Sysadmin
> Plugged In Software

Romour has it that in the licensing agreement between Insignia and M$ that
softwindows was not to be ported to platforms supported by M$ (ie intel &
alpha?) as it also involved a license for windows as well.

Check out previous news posts (particularly linux groups) at dejanews....

However I'm sure there are ways around it as I understand WABI was ported to
linux and it is a similar situation.

Regards
Peter Arnold