[H-GEN] executive meeting 27/6/98

Nikolai Andreyevich Luzan nikolai at Ukraine.humbug.org.au
Fri Jul 17 10:22:41 EDT 1998

Included, as requested, are the minutes of the executive meeting held on
the 27th of june this year. Excuse the lateness but you get that when
	a) the meeting is held away from a computer so I have to hand
		write notes.
	b) one has a life in technical and personal turmoil.

any knit picking or unhelpful comments should be sent to
analy.retentive.asshole at ukraine.humbug.org.au and will be forwarded to
/dev/null

Nikolai Luzan
Present: Andrae Muys, Fiona McRae, Bruce Campbell, Michael Pick, Simon Lusan
Observers: David Starkoff, Anthony Towns, Mark Suter, Quiten Cregan,
	   Bradley Marshal, Robert Brockway

	  AGENDA
	  	1) Tax
		2) Connvention
		3) Incorporation
		4) All Other Bussiness

Record of Business:

Meeting Opened at 10:30pm

1) Tax.
	The fact that the club has no tax number was raised. We need one.
	Discussion over whether or not the club is tax exempt, resolution was
	that futher invesigation was required.
	There is also the question of whether or not an external audit is
	required by ATO (Australian Taxation Office) regulations.
	Also wanted was whether we lodge a return in 97-98 or 98-99 finacial
	years.

2) Convention.
	The Prime consideration of the Banner and it's cost was raised, a vote
	was taken that we seek quotes, it passed with no oposition (4 yay, 1
	abstain).
	The banner should go to the best quote.
	Raised was the point that the outlay would probably be acceptable in a
	year but right now was a big hit to the bank account.
	The possibility of raising the money for it via other means was
	discussed and general concensus formed that we should seek membership
	feed back on this.

	A request was made for the formation of an organistaion committee. It
	was decided to form the commitee by a combination of invitaion and
	solicitation.

3) Incorporation.
	Lat year at an SGM a motion was passed for the executive to look into
	incorporating the club and report back to the membership. The
	investigation has been "underway" for too long and nneds to be completed
	preferably before the AGM. Andrae mentioned that SLUG and LinuxSA are
	increasingly interested in this part of HUMBUG as we are the most
	"organised" LUG (or LUG like group) in Australia in that we actually
	have a constitution and that SLUG was looking at affiliating with AUUG
	to achieve the same end that we would seek via incorporation. We need
	to investigate all coridors of incororation and their effects on the
	club including affiliation with UQU and AUUG.

ALL OTHER BUSINESS

4) Insurance.
	I has been brought to the executives attention that we may have
	insurance problems, in that we may be financially responsible for any
	accidents or injury that may happen at HUMBUG meetings. We need to look
	into the current problems and consider adding an indemnity clause to the
	membership forms.

5) Club Responsibilties.
	We have a few minors attending meetings, not as members but in the
	company of members. We need to find out what our responsibilities are
	in these cases and act accordingly. Also the club has a to be more
	resposible with net access, to that end the password protection of
	routing and the firewalling of the HUMBUG network are to take effect as
	of the 11/7/1998 meeting and at a later date ip logging is to be added
	to log connects from inside the HUMBUG network.

6) Website to store HUMBUG documents.
	A request was made for a password protected, executive ony access,
	website for the storage of HUMBUG documents e.g. the source and
	postscript forms of the membership forms and posters. Solution see
	Bruce.

7) The computers donated to HUMBUG.
	Brad and Fi want to know what is happening with the donated computers
	currently sitting in there garage. Solution: Michael has to inventory
	them before we can make a discission on how to deal with them.

8) Purchaseing of a new cash box.
	Due to ambiguities arrising from the last executive meeting Fi requested
	a resolution on whether or not a replacment cash box was to be purchased
	for the damaged treasurers cash box. The results of the vote where:
			4 for
			1 abstain
	a new cash box is to be purchased.

9) The puchase of network and power cables and other assorted power items.
	After the debacle of only 2 or 3 working power points it was pointed out
	that HUMBUG needs to have extension cords and more power boards. We also
	need RJ45 cables to chain the hubs. A maximum expenditure of $90 for
	this was proposed and passed without oposition.

10) Financial statments.
	Fi made mention of the finacial staments in so far as she had made $80
	in deposits and requested printed deposot slips.

Meeting closed at 11:45.