[H-GEN] Interest in a Linux game

Byron Ellacott rodent at homer.humbug.org.au
Tue Jul 14 13:40:16 EDT 1998

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 12:00:52AM +1000, Luke Grant wrote:
> volunteer myself for any music you might need done. I can have it recorded
> by prepper musitions and put into mp3 format.......we could take some
> 'ideas' from the X11AMP source code as to how it could be implemented.
mp3 decoding takes significant processing power - it's perhaps unwise to dedicate 70% of
the processor to the music :)  If the game is mastered to CD, playing CD audio tracks is a
breeze (I can donate the 5 lines needed to play an audio track :) and has the added
advantage of letting the user change to their favourite music easily ..

of course, mastering this game to CD makes it harder to distribute freely --
humbug-gaame.iso.gz ? :)

typically, game music is MIDI, Amiga Module, or CD.  Amiga module could be interesting to
try coding - I seem to recall giving it a go 4 years ago and failing miserably, would make
it all the more interesting :)

(not that I'm committing to anything here :)

Byron ``Finish it?!'' Ellacott

--
Consider the following axioms carefully:
        "Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz."