[H-GEN] OpenGL and _the_ game.

Andrae Muys a.muys at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Tue Jul 14 01:26:23 EDT 1998

Well inorder that I might actually keep my job when the current term run's
out, I need to develop some Scientific Visualisation skills.  aka OpenGL
:).  re. this, I have already read the first half of "OpenGL Programming
Guide 2nd Ed".  I will be doing some simple 3D surfaces, and stuff later
this week.  I plan to turn this into some kind of game, I'll release the
code once I have something.  So far all I've managed is a simple solar
system with circular orbits, and lighting  (BTW: does anyone know the best
way to do a starfield?)

Anyway, someone mentioned that they didn't know any OpenGL.  Well that
shouldn't be too much of a problem, 'cause in a couple of months, I should
:).

Andrae

Andrae Muys              "I have no wish to recite ... stratagems, for they
andrae at humbug.org.au     have all the same end in view, which is, to oblige
My stuff, Linux stuff        the enemy to make unnecessary marches in favor
http://www.uq.edu.au/~cmamuys/   of our own designs." - Fredrick the Great.