[H-GEN] mounting CDROM

Michael Dooley m.dooley at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 22 20:38:26 EST 1998

Hello,
	I hesitate to ask but...I've tried all the ways to mount my CDROM and I
keep getting the following error:
mount: the kernal does not recognize /dev/hd(d) (or c or b) as a block
device
                (maybe 'insmod driver')

Well I'm convinced this is nothing to do with how I'm trying to mount
it, but I've hunted high and low for insmod driver info and come up with
nix. Anybody help?

BTW point of clarification on my (much) earlier intellimouse postings.
My suspicions were confirmed today when the tech replacing my CDROM
(that ate my Win95 CD!) confirmed that com1 was wired into ttyS1 and
com2 into ttyS0(rectified).  This is why /dev/mouse was linked to ttyS1
even though the mouse is a d9 plug.  I still haven't got it working yet
but if someone has Linux Journal December issue, the answer may be in
there - a gmp problem.

Michael
--
Michael Dooley PhD