[H-GEN] Diskless boxes for internet access

Steve Pinel spinel at ssc.qld.edu.au
Fri Jan 9 06:25:22 EST 1998

So in summary, I either have to set the machines up as X-servers, or boost
the RAM to about 16Mb?  Would 12Mb do in each machine?

Using a Linux server, I would need about 64Mb RAM for four X-terms.  Fair
enough.

I've never played with setting up an X-term before (and I'm fairly recent to
Linux in general as well).   My understanding is that I can set them up as
X-terms by runing Linux on the machines, but then running Netscape on the
server, but directing the video output to the boxes over the network.  Not
sure about the terminology, but am i on the right track?

>I'd say, figure on about (32 + 8n) MB to run n Netscape sessions.
><std-disclaimer>
>
>--
>Martin Pool

Steve Pinel	<><	|
Computer Coordinator	|	God our Strength
Saint Stephen's College	|	Excellence our Pursuit
Coomera, Gold Coast	|