[H-GEN] CHIP SPEED

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Mon Feb 16 05:47:41 EST 1998

Martin Pool wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 17:53:20 +1000
> > From: Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au>
>
> > > But then again, ask we could talk about the accuracy of benchmarks,
> > > like iComp..
>
> The appropriate quote here is from Seymour Cray: "Anyone can build a
> fast processor.  The trick is to build a fast system."

To true, as processor speeds get faster the speed of subsystems become
critical.

The appropriate quote here is from Frank Brand (humility was never one
of my long suits) "many fast processors are included in slow systems but
not many fast systems contain slow processors".

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Homepage: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand