[H-GEN] Hmmm.

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Fri Dec 18 03:27:19 EST 1998

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Rob Kearey wrote:

> Imagine I have a server, open to the Universe. Imagine that I'm alarmed
> at the traffic it's generating, and I want to limit that traffic.
> Imagine further, for the sake of argument, that I'd like to restrict
> access to this server to sites within Australia.

Naturally, this entirely fictictious server has a nearby router,
preferably made by an imaginary company with a famous bridge for its logo,
which can do bandwidth limitations to only let X traffic through, and only
if its from domestic australia, based on tagged ASNs in its convienent BGP
routing.

Let us also propose that we have a bandwidth supply company which is found
of saying 'Yes', which usually delivers transit on three PVCs, domestic,
sat international and cable international, thus making the rulesets a work
of minor trivialities.

Once this minor task is achieved, Milliways awaits.

--==--
Bruce.

(This is Humbug, not Bay-ISP ?? )