[H-GEN] Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:43:25 +1000

Ben Carlyle carlyle at tabq.com.au
Mon Dec 14 20:45:05 EST 1998

I don't have web access at the moment, so I thought
I'd put in a quick query to the general humbug populace.

I've heard that it's possible to use multiple monitors
under Linux, and have heard stories of humbug members
doing it.

The technical problem as I understand it is the simultaneous
mapping of several VGA cards onto the same area of memory,
vying for control.  Each card wants to read from the
pre-defined VGA memory area, and thus multiple monitor
support seems unlikely without some other hardware support.

How have people done this in the past?

If there is a HOWTO, could some kindly soul please
mail it to me?  :)

Benjamin Carlyle BSc (Hons Computer Science)