[H-GEN] comsat/biff question (fwd)

James Mcpherson j.mcpherson at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 18 20:26:42 EDT 1998

On 19 Aug 1998, Christopher Biggs wrote:
> Michael Anthon <anthonm at tams.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net
> and spake thusly:
[snippage]

> > The other alternative is to use samba to send a winpopup message (I
> > really wish it was possible to hide that awful bloody thing)
> Eeew. Gross.   Wash your mind out with soap this minute, young man!
>
> > [0] Is putting a complete sentence or two inside brackets a "done thing"
>
> Hell, use Lisp (a cool language (watch the flamewar begin)) or Scheme
> (even cooler (Lisp with anorexia nervosa (who said "perfection is
> acheived not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is
> nothing else to be removed"))) and you'll think nothing of it (You
> know you need to rethink the logical organization of your code when
> the nesting level of parentheses causes source lines to wrap (which
> isn't even a lisp vice, I'm maintaining code written by a (departed)
> cop-rogrammer in C++ (on Windows NT, I need recovery bad) that has
> N-deep if{} statements (where N>10) that are completely unneccessary
> (a simple if(badshit) return; would do))) (why yes, as a matter of
> fact, I *am* a sick twisted individual).

hahaha. of course, lisp is a cool language - which language dialet do you
think emacs is written in?

And for the anti-lisp/emacs bigots out there, yes, lisp does also stand
for Lots of Insane Silly Parentheses. tautologies 'r' us, I'd say.

cheers,
James
--
 I do not speak for the University of Queensland or the University Library
J.McPherson at mailbox.uq.edu..au   | this space _not_ for rent.