[H-GEN] Editing X fonts

A Bruce in the Land of the Bruces brucec at humbug.org.au
Mon Apr 20 12:24:11 EDT 1998

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 ph330812 at student.uq.edu.au wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a program that allows one to edit X fonts?

yes.

> I know
> that I'm going to get laughed at for this, but I'd like to move the
> tilde (~) sign under my xterm font down about a half-character, becuase
> it looks rididulous in its current position, seeing as characters accented
> with it don't actually *use* it to print.

yup, its late.  I'm hearing jason say that.  time for bed methinks.

> Anyway.  If I *do* find such a program, I'll be eternally gratefull to
> whomever directs me to it.  :)

Look at http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/fonts/X-Window-System-fonts.html
for starters.  There is a listing of conversion utilities between various
font formats, and a pointer to a utility, xmbdfed, which comes with source
and binaries for Linux, Solaris and SunOS.

--==--
Bruce.