[H-GEN] Sparc Stations

Peter J. Arnold p.arnold at uq.net.au
Tue Apr 7 01:25:58 EDT 1998

> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:57:21 +1000 (EST)
> From: Robert Brockway <robert at zen.humbug.org.au>
Hi Guy/Girls,

> Do you have the number?  We should all attempt to prevent biding against
> one another (forcing the price up).

Try 3268 2988 (That's what is on my receipt)

> Are they running SunOS now?

Not sure. They are all bundled in clear plastic wrap as sets (monitor, cpu, keyboard etc) and as such are not easy to
demo. With a 207Mb HDD and 8Mb RAM I'd imagine they are running a cutdown version of sunos4.

> I am interrested in the quality (dirty,clean,etc)

They were reasonably clean, some still had user stickers (eg machine name), Dept of Transport stickers and the like.

> And if they monitor really was 17"

All monitors were 16/17". The type seemed to vary though, some were 1662b's which is what I got, others were 1604?
with 4 bnc connectors. There were none of the digital 17e? type.

> Cheers,
> 	-Robert

Note: All machines are IPC's (ie not very exciting) so I wouldn't be too dissapointed if you missed out. When I left
around midday there were ABOUT 15 left.

Peter Arnold