[H-GEN] Sparc Stations

Robert Brockway robert at zen.humbug.org.au
Tue Apr 7 00:57:21 EDT 1998

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Peter J. Arnold wrote:

> > For those of you who may have missed it, there are 40 Sun Sprac Stations
> > for auction tomorrow at Newsteads. They are as follows:-
> >
> > SparcStations 4/40  and were working at the time of decommissioning.
> >
> > 8 Mb memory
> > 207 Mb SCSI HDD
> > 17 inch colour monitor (I think)
> > Mouse. mouse mat
> > Keyboard
> >
> > They are about 1990 vintage by the looks of things (at least the
> > monitors I looked at were 1989-91 dates from memory).
> >
> > Judging on past prices they might go for around $100 to $200 but
> > anything can happen at auctions!
> >
> > There also appeared to be some external disk drive units there too.

> For those of you who couldn't make it, about 25 of the 40 IPC's were sold (many
> after auction). Some went for $175, the later sold ones were about $100.
> Newsteads will keep selling them after auction until as many as possible are
> sold. So if you are interested ring'um and bid.

Do you have the number?  We should all attempt to prevent biding against
one another (forcing the price up).

Are they running SunOS now?

I am interrested in the quality (dirty,clean,etc)
And if they monitor really was 17"
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at zen.humbug.org.au, robert at icc.net.au