[H-GEN] Boot Up sequence

In memory of Mighty s335810 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Sep 26 03:18:37 EDT 1997

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Geoffrey D. Bennett wrote:

> I disagree.  (I'm good at that :).  K means that you want the program
> stopped when going into that runlevel, but there is no point in trying
> to stop it running every time you go into runlevel 3 when it wasn't
> running in the first place.

	You're going to hate me.
	I disagree.  I've been reading a few docs, none of which give any
definitive answer to this question.... it seems to me though, that Sys V
init is defined in terms of the services operating in each runlevel.  For
this interface to be consistant, everthing that is considered a "service"
should have a defined on or off value for each runlevel.  Deleting a link
indicates an undefined state for this service, which is ugly.

	It all depends on whether you like a stateless init setup, like I
do where it doesn't matter where you came from, only where you are now, or
whether you prefer the messy BSDish setup I guess.

	In memory of Mighty <memory at techie.com>
        (Who is about to duck)

        I will not play it.  This game of loneliness
        Web page at http://student.uq.edu.au/~s335810