[H-GEN] Boot Up sequence

A Bruce in the Land of the Bruces brucec at humbug.org.au
Fri Sep 26 04:57:46 EDT 1997

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Geoffrey D. Bennett wrote:

> > > I disagree.  (I'm good at that :).  K means that you want the program
> > 	You're going to hate me.
> Nahhh... I'll just disagree again :).
> directories.  They should also remove all the "K" links because if the
> service is never started it will never need to be stopped.  There is

Announcing Init 3.3.0pl66.

It knows that the best and fastest system around is one running as few
distractions as possible to ensure the CPU can concentrate on its main
task, that of putting 1s and 0s together in a coherent fashion.

For this reason, it *hates* all processes with a vengeance.  If it notices
one running, it checks through its list of approved processes (using its
trademarked hashing algorithm - pick a random number and check that line
in its config file) and then kills (using -KILL) the offending
process.  If the process still remains, Init escalates and uses -NO_MERCY

As installed, /etc/init-procs contains one line, that of /sbin/init .
Anything else is left for the user to add.

/etc/inittab has been removed, replaced instead with an simple method to
startup the OS, using its patented hashing method.  ie, random programs
are executed.  (then executed)

--==--
Bruce.

Getting lots of stair excercise right now.