[H-GEN] Work Flow Software

Information Analysis info.analysis at b022.aone.net.au
Wed Sep 24 15:44:53 EDT 1997

I thought I might try and access the great humbug breathing database.

We are using a work flow system based on entries in a database. Currently
enquiries are received by a central service desk and entered into a
database (currently MS Access). This is then accessed by the service staff
through a gui front end - actually a simple query of the main database on
the individual's name.

This system has been designed in-house and works reasonably well on a
single server. However there are some difficulties when we try to use the
system in an intranet type environment across several servers.

My query to humbug members is as follows.

Does anyone know of existing software that might provide the functionality
required.

OS is probably not a problem as 13 operating systems are supported
including Win 3.1, Win 95, Win NT and UNIX.

I would be most surprised if there is not something already in existence to
save us reinventing the wheel.

Kind responders might respond either via humbug or to my personal mail
address ie.  fbrand at mailbox,uq.edu.au  , since I am sending this from an
alien machine at my work.

TIA
Frank Brand