[H-GEN] Boot Up sequence

Geoffrey D. Bennett g at netcraft.com.au
Tue Sep 23 19:36:10 EDT 1997

> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently installed Red Hat 4.2 onto a new Hard drive and installed
> everything, when the machine starts up it halts for ages on the amd deamon
> before continuing - what is the correct way to disable auto-mount?
>
> Do i delete the amd script from init.d ?
> Do i delete the script from rc.d?
> or is there another step?

Hi Sid,

If you don't plan on using amd in the near future, just completely
remove it and save yourself the disk space: 'rpm -e amd'.  If you ever
need it again, it is easy enough to put back:
'rpm -ivh amd-920824upl102-8.i386.rpm'.

Regards,
--
Geoffrey D. Bennett (geoffrey at netcraft.com.au)
Computer Systems Manager, NetCraft Australia