[H-GEN] kernel info

Byron Ellacott rodent at homer.humbug.org.au
Sat Sep 6 04:18:08 EDT 1997

I have a curious yet unresistable urge to modify my kernel.. more.. to do
my current idea, I need to be able to delay for x ms in a kernel c source
file.

I want to make the kernel beep every second or so for a brief moment after
it has been shut down, so I know when to turn the box off when it is
headless.

As the kernel is still active after a shutdown (ie you can ping, switch
VCs, etc) I would assume I can add a timer?  Failing that, a busy loop
would content me, as horrible as that may be :)  but I still don't know
how to delay for x ms in the kernel..

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Byron 'Oh for a beep()' Ellacott
destruction at mindless.com