[H-GEN] Alfa motherboards

Frank Brand fbrand at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 31 20:46:08 EST 1997

For those of you who may not have seen this I re-post it from dejanews.
It may be of some interest.

1-9 pcs. $129/ea

10+ pcs. $99/ea

Thanks for a tremendous response to the previous ads on these
motherboards.

We just got more in stock, so all of you who missed out on the

deal the first time- here's a chance to get $1170 board (DEC list

price) for $129 in single q-ty or $99/ea in q-ties 10 or more:

DEC Alpha AXP Pci33 motherboard with CPU.

Supports ARC and SRM console.

Clock speed from 66 to 300 Mhz.

Supports 21068 or 21068 CPU's.

Includes 166 MHz 21066 CPU.

0K cache - uses regular DIP 32x8 or 128x8 SRAM for max of 1 MB.

5 ISA and 3 PCI slots (one shared).

Uses regular PC power supply (note: the power supply supplies

5V to PCI slots, if you are using a PCI card that requires 3V,

you'll need 3/5V power supply).

Regular baby-AT layout - uses regular PC case.

Includes on board: SCSI-2, IDE, floppy, 2 serial/1 par ports.

Comes with a well-written manual for OEM builder.

Uses regular parity (x36) SIMMs.

Two type of boards available - one with AT keyboard connector,

one with PS keyboard and mouse.

Note - this is a current product, DEC still offers it and here's

your chance to some serious bucks off DEC original prices.

As an example (this is just an example, I do not offer this parts

for sale), I built a complete Alpha machine for under $500:

Case/PS: $30

M/B $129

Cache (256K) $10

520 MB HD (SCSI) $80

CDROM (SCSI 2x) $30

Cable (SCSI) $10

Memory (24 MB) $80

K/B, mouse $12

ISA video card (1 MB) $20

Floppy drive (1.44, you can use 2.88 also) $20

I used ISA video card because the PCI card I had did not work (probably

required 3V). In any case, the result was a nice upgradable Alpha

machine with built-in CD-ROM, external SCSI, etc., for around $450.

Plus monitor, of-course. You can also re-use some o these old

components in your closet, of-course. Windows NT loaded on a first try.

Not a bad deal at all..

Micro International

Nashua NH 03060

(603)-598-5288

Credit cards accepted on retail orders (1-9 pieces). Wholesale orders

assume cash/COD payment (credit cards may be used for wholesale with

3% adjustment). MC/Visa/AmEx - sorry, no Discover.
--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Homepage: http://www.uq.edu.au/~zzfbrand