[H-GEN] Crossfire source hack...

Chris Ryan cryan at plugged.net.au
Thu Oct 30 23:34:25 EST 1997

G'day,

I've heard there's a few crossfire players out there.  For those
that agree with me that 2 rings and 1 amulet ain't enough, here's
the source code hack to allow unlimited for both.  I leave it as
an exercise if you want to put some arbitrary limit on either.

The code to modify is in server/apply.c, from line 2179:

*****

  i=0;
  for(tmp=who->inv;tmp!=NULL;tmp=tmp->below)
    if(tmp->type==op->type&&QUERY_FLAG(tmp, FLAG_APPLIED)&&tmp!=op)
      if ((tmp->type==RING)||(tmp->type==AMULET))
        i++;
/* CMR 290997
      if(tmp->type==RING&&!i)
        i=1;