[H-GEN] redhat install

Byron Ellacott s337166 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 05:05:52 EDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Paul Gearon wrote:

> Well I'm using a SCSI CD-ROM on an Adaptec AHA-2940 adapter.  The CD
> is on SCSI ID 6.  So I answer SCSI, give my adapter type, and say
> that the program should probe to find the drive (as I don't know the
> setup parameters which are in the other option).
if there is an option to tell it which scsi ID to use, give it.  The
autoprobe will take the given options, and try to figure out the rest.
Help it as much as you are able, it's easily confused. :)

> Since this seems to me that it wants to find the SCSI CD on id #0,
> and I don't want to change it from #6, is there any way I can install
> redhat from CD?
you could go extremely dodgy and use mknod (or mv) to make /dev/scsd0
(whatever, I forget the characters) the same as /dev/...6

but you didn't hear that from me :)