[H-GEN] Alphas from the DSTC for sale

David Jericho davidj at meesha.humbug.org.au
Tue Oct 14 18:21:47 EDT 1997

Just wish I had the money :)

--
David Jericho

>From meesha.humbug.org.au!nargun.cc.uq.edu.au!bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au!azure.dstc.edu.au!jason Wed Oct 15 08:20:36 1997
From: jason at dstc.edu.au (jason andrade)
Newsgroups: uq.forsale,bne.forsale,aus.ads.forsale.computers.used,misc.comp.forsale.workstation
Subject: DEC Alpha 3800 and 3900 servers FS
Date: 14 Oct 1997 11:40:29 GMT

DSTC is looking for offers on the following DEC
Alpha server equipment, which is now surplus to
requirements.

Servers are configured as follows:

DEC Alpha 3000/800 Deskside Server
200Mhz 21064 Alpha CPU
Dual FastSCSI2 controller
Built in Ethernet (AUI + 10BaseT)
128M of RAM
2G of Disk (RZ28)
Double Spin SCSI CDROM (RRD43)
6 Turbochannel slots
4 Internal SCSI hard drive bays
2 Internal CDROM/Tape bays

DEC Alpha 3000/900 Deskside Server
275Mhz 21064 Alpha CPU
Dual FastSCSI2 controller
Built in Ethernet (AUI + 10BaseT)
256M of RAM
4G of Disk (2 * RZ28)
Double Spin SCSI CDROM (RRD43)
5/10G 8mm Exabyte Tape drive (8500C)
6 Turbochannel slots
4 Internal SCSI hard drive bays
2 Internal CDROM/Tape bays

Also available:

DEC Prestoserve Turbochannel Card for Alpha
DEC CDDI (FDDI over copper) Card for Alpha
DEC Ethernet Turbochannel Card for Alpha

-----
DEC 3000 Model 900 AXP Workstation Performance

SPECint92/SPECfp92:    189.3/264.1
XMark 93               17.92
CPU2 MVUPS:            369.1
CPU:                   DECchip 21064A RISC Microprocessor
Clock speed:           275 MHz
On-chip cache:         16 KB of instruction/16 KB of data
On-board cache:        2 Mbytes
Max. I/O throughput:   TURBOchannel: 100 Mbytes/sec
Storage I/O            Fast SCSI-2: 10 Mbytes/sec
Standard I/O support:  Six TURBOchannel slots (1 used for ZLX-E1 graphics
                       card), two fast SCSI-2 controllers, Ethernet, ISDN,
                       sych/asynch with modem control, DEC 423 printer
                       port, voice-quality audio
Optional I/O support:  FDDI, Prestoserve(tm), fast SCSI-2
Max. memory:           1 GB
Max. storage, internal:Internal: 8.4 GB; Total 170.1 GB
Software environment:  UNIX® operating system (DEC OSF/1® AXP); NAS 250,
                       TCP/IP, NFS® OpenVMS AXP operating system; NAS 250;
                       DECnet DECwindows Motif®
Graphics:              Accelerated 2D, 8 planes, High-performance
                       accelerated 3D with ZLX-M1 and ZLX-M2 options 1280
                       X 1024 resolution
-----
 jason andrade       dstc pty ltd               jason at dstc.edu.au
 senior sysadmin     level 7, gehrmann labs     i just wanna be
 phn +61-7-33654307  university of queensland   bluemisty
 fax +61-7-33654311  queensland 4072 australia  and barefooted