[H-GEN] Slakware or RedHat?

Chris Pascoe s335029 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 01:32:02 EST 1997

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Kevin Davies wrote:

> Am I seeing a preference for RedHat in this group?

I think many of the people who speak here do use RedHat, but in any case I
have used Slackware (from ~1992 days) and have a few machines runningz
strong with minor upgrades over time.  I tried a brief install of RedHat
once on a new machine but hit so many troubles I left it - because I
didn't have the time to track them down.

I'm gradually migrating my old slackware machines to the development
Debian versions and am quite happy with it.  I don't think you should base
your decision on what others are using though :).  Perhaps a better
question would be to ask what people find good/bad based on the
environment a machine is to be used in etc, relative to the different
distributions.

Chris