[H-GEN] PROPOSAL: devnull at humbug.org.au

R Bubko R.Bubko at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 18 06:40:29 EST 1997

Jason Parker wrote:
[...]
> Anyhoo.  As always, the solution to a problem comes to mind *after*
> sending the most embarrasing mail possible.  In this vein then, I'd
> like to propose a new humbug mailing list:
>
>    devnull at humbug.org.au
>
> Requests for help, flames, and spams can be sent to this address, thus
> allowing one's inner mind to work on the problem, without the
> unneccessary overhead of actually sending the mail anywhere, or
> upsetting one's peers.
>
> Comments?  Flames?
>
> Jason
> ph330812 at student.uq.edu.au
A simple solution comes to those with the benefit of multiple hindsight.
This is sometimes refered to as 'Look before you Leap'
              "Think before engaging the mouth (keyboard action- in this
case'

and so on...

This is sometimes refered to as 'maturity'.
Age could have something to do with this, although age by itself does
not imply maturity.
Let the originator of the message decide what to send and then stand
beside their message with pride rather than wishing they had condemed
all parts of their message to /dev/null.

Ron the commenter.