[H-GEN] Free sausage sizzle for all... my place

Chris Pascoe s335029 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 17 05:56:12 EST 1997

> > > On that topic, does anyone have suggestions for keeping a machine cool
> > > with its case on? My air flow is fine as air is flowing through all the
>
> get a large piece of sponge, cut it to size and
> gaff tape it over your case, keeping it well back from the front and back.
> Now rig up a water drip that will keep the foam slightly moist
>
> yipyah...evaporative cooling !

Heh.  Won't do much with the current humidity levels.  You'd need it to be
in a nice humidity-controlled environment.  Like airconditioning.  But
then again, if there was airconditioning the case wouldn't be getting too
hot :).

I suppose if we went from 'slightly moist' to 'constantly flooded' with
the water drip it would be okay - you could always pump the water out of
the pool under the computer and spray it on the roof of the house for more
cooling as well..

Chris