[H-GEN] Peltier coolers.

Ross Camm whyza at mindless.com
Tue Nov 11 04:16:25 EST 1997

chip to run at a faster clock rate, in my experience.

I have overclocked a p75, p133, p166mmx, p200mmx and p233mmx, with and
without a peltier. No higher speeds were obtainable.

	I have found that a fan out of an old power supply placed about 2 inches
from the original cooling assembly, is the best option, and will drop the
chip surface temp by approx ten degrees. This does help, especially in hot
weather. I was not able to get a thermocouple on the chip when a peltier
was in place, but as stated no higher speeds were obtainable.

	I currently run 3 overclocked chips. All have been running for months, and
other than a few problems with ide cable lenghs at 83Mhz bus, have had no
problems. I have a p75 running at 1.5x66=100Mhz, a p166mmx running at
2.5x83.3=208Mhz, and a p233mmx running at 3.5x83.3=292Mhz.

	Only on the p233 do I run an extra fan.

heaps of info at http://www.tomshardware.com, including overclocking info
on the k6 233.