[H-GEN] C code.

Martin Pool mbp at pharos.com.au
Sun Nov 2 00:15:56 EST 1997

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, In memory of Mighty wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > Reading in a nice GUI with a 1024x768 or better resolution on a 17"
> > (or better) monitor is the _only_ way to code.
>
> 	I like my 6 simultaneous vt editing sessions in the old text
> mode...

Two things:

In emacs, say

  M-x follow-delete-other-windows-and-split

which is equivalent to cutting your CRT down the middle and putting on
half on top of the other, but cheaper.  On a 17in monitor, you get about
80x120 LOC.

Secondly: The larger context for this review is: "why does the world need
yet another hashtable implementation?"  I realise you might want to right
one as an exercise for yourself or a course, but otherwise you might as
well use one from any of a number of fine libraries.  Reuse is next to
godliness, on the _good_ side.

--
Martin