[H-GEN] Minix - any such thing as SLIP, PPP or a Linux-style term?

3toed Sloth ttsloth at quux.net.au
Wed Jun 4 09:43:26 EDT 1997

Greetings.

I've just installed Minix i86 on my lovely 286 (feel free to laugh)
and have noticed the absence of any mention of serial/dial-up type
networking in the docs, only ethernet.

Is there any way of using something more than just terminal access with
Minix and a modem ?

"term (1) - turn PC into a dumb terminal [IBM]" doesn't sound
particularly hopeful. (please tell me I'm mistaken :)

btw, I've been luking for a while so should probably introduce myself.  In
case anyone remembers me I turned up to a meeting at the beginning of the
year, thin chap with pointy beard, probably wearing loud shirt.

(Yippeee!  Now I have a unix box... well, close enuff for the moment ;-)

---
Charles Thornhill-Cole
ttsloth at quux.apana.org.au
finger for PGP public key.