[H-GEN] Dirt cheap laptop [$25]

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Sun Jul 20 20:09:56 EDT 1997

I was in indooroopilly cash converters saturday.  They had an amstrad
PPC640 for $25.

For those who don't know, these are a computer the size of an AT
keyboard, but about 8cm thick.   They open out to reveal an LCD
screen.  (I bought one of these second hand a few years back to
set up for my father; they're an OK machine given their limitations).

Specs:	10 Mhz 8086
	640K ram
	two 720K 3.5in floppies
	internal 2400 baud modem
	serial and parallel port
	runs off external power or 8 D cells.

This one has no power supply, but any 12V  plug pack will do.

Of course this won't run linux, but it will run Minix, or would make
an excellent testbed for ELKS (linux for 8086).   Any other Humbuggers
involved in ELKS?

Chris.

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris at stallion.oz.au (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |