[H-GEN] Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI controller?

Matthew Tippett Matthew.Tippett at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Dec 8 19:26:56 EST 1997

Martin Pool wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, David Jericho wrote:
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  (Bruce, James?)
>
> I read on c.o.l.hardware that the 2940UW works well with the 2.0.32
> kernel: the machine's going to run RH5.0 (thanks gdb) so it should be
> fine.

At DSTO in my group we have been using them quite happily.  We have got
two machines running Linux (mainly as XTerms :) and they have been going
without hiccups for about 2 months.  We are buying more :)

If it helps to put in context they are in ASUS Pentium II motherboards.
They are running RH 4.2

Matt