[H-GEN] I STILL hate ppp

Michael Anthon anthonm at ats.com.au
Thu Dec 4 16:06:26 EST 1997

Here's what my ISP's techo had to say....

>Hi
>Did you compile the kernel with ip forwarding on ?
>Nothing has changed except we are now running 2.0.32
>but as that had some bugs we went back to use the old ppp 2.0.0h
>Tom

Errr... nothing has changed ?
And does he really mean 2.2.0h ?
I am running 2.2.0f
Speaking of which, where the hell do I get the latest version of ppp.  I
spent 2 hours looking for the damn thing and couldn't find it. Closest I
got was cs.somethingorother.edu.au, which is, I think, where the guy who
maintains it lives, and there was a link to an ftp site for the latest
version, but it was borked.

Reinstalled ppp, I have a new kernel, I am at the limits of my knowledge
(and the patience is getting a bit thin too, I wonder if my monitor will
survive having a keyboard hit it rather hard?)

Can anyone point me in the right direction for fault finding info on ppp?
 Please.  Before I do something I will regret in the morning

Regards
Michael Anthon

PGP Key available  http:\\ats.com.au\~anthonm\MichaelAnthon.asc