[H-GEN] to bedian or to redhat-that is the question

R Bubko R.Bubko at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 20 06:34:01 EDT 1997

dear readers

I am a linux user who wants a change so I am asking for
thaughts/experiences of others who have been where I may go.

I am currently Slackware'ing and this is quite a task for me to sort out
even little things. I read on the mail lists how easy it is to install,
upgrade, fine tune, and so on these other packages (more than the 2
mentioned). So much so that I am getting jealous of the ease with which
these tasks are being done by others.

I wish to join the users of linux rather than tinker with it just to get
the tiniest detail to work by trial and error. I have other pusuits too,
like school for one to consider.

May I request several 2 cents or 2 sense worth from those who could help
me chose a suitable distribution and also a suitable source (CD's to
start with).

Thanks for bearing with me and thanks for your help

Ron