[H-GEN] Looking for doco on a 486 Motherboard (UMC82C482)

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Thu Aug 14 00:34:13 EDT 1997

Hi Y'all.

          I have an 80486 Motherboard for which I have no jumper
documentation; I wonder if anybody else has one the same?

It's an 80486 board, six ISA slots (aparrently one VLB slot but with
no socket fitted).   It has a 486DX/33 with no ZIF socket,
a UMC82c482 chipset (two chips), an AMI BIOS (AA194203), and 8x30-pin
SIMM sockets.

I need to know how to fit a CMOS-NVRAM battery to this board (there's
an unmarked set of 4 pins between ISA slots 5 and 7, is ths for a
battery?), and what all the jumpers over near the (half-populated)
SRAM sockets are for.

Possible overclocking options are of interest too.

Grateful for any help,
                       Chris.

p.s. currently downloading slackware 3.3 if anybody wants a copy
brought to next meeting...

--
| Christopher J. Biggs -|- R & D Software Engineer,  Stallion Technologies |
| chris at stallion.oz.au -|- VoiceNet. +61 7 3270-4266  Fax. +61 7 3270-4245 |