[H-GEN] Microsft's apple

In memory of Mighty s335810 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 01:13:09 EDT 1997

	I happened to be using internet explorer at work today, and was of
course shuffled over to the ms web page.  I was about to leave when I saw
this:

-- begin --

Microsoft Announces Office 98 for Macintosh; Apple Announces Internet
Explorer To be Bundled With Mac OS

Apple and Microsoft jointly announced the following agreements:

Microsoft will develop and ship future versions of its popular Microsoft
Office productivity suite, Internet Explorer and other Microsoft tools for
the Mac platform. Apple will bundle the Microsoft Internet Explorer
browser with the Mac OS, making it the default browser in future operating
system software releases. The companies agreed to a broad patent
cross-licensing agreement. It paves the way for the two companies to work
more closely on leading-edge technologies for the Mac platform. Apple and
Microsoft plan to collaborate on technology to ensure compatibility
between their respective Virtual Machines for Java and other programming
languages. To further support its relationship with Apple, Microsoft will
invest $150 million in non-voting Apple stock.

-- end --

	Since most of you don't visit the ms web page often, but may be
interested, I thought it worth a post.  Replies to chat please.

	In memory of Mighty <memory at techie.com>

        I will not play it.  This game of loneliness
        Web page at http://student.uq.edu.au/~s335810