[H-ANNOUNCE] AGM Date

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Jul 11 05:29:14 EDT 2011

We have had some queries asking about when the AGM will be held.  It
isn't usually decided until closer to the date, but given the recent
interest we discussed at last Saturday's Exec meeting.

Ergo, your Exec decided the AGM will be held during the first normal
meeting in September, as has been Humbug's custom in recent times.  The
meeting will commence at 5PM, so at not to interfere with the dinning
habits of the many of the members who regularly attend meetings.

There will be more announcements closer to the date, however we know a
few things now:

1.  We will be counting people who send in proxies as part of the quorum
    for the purposes of Constitution clause 5.k.  Proxies are the way we
    allow people who can't physically attend the meeting to participate
    in the AGM.

2.  We will be accepting members written proxies sent to:
      admin at lists.humbug.org.au
    from the email address we have on file.  Please ensure that is a
    working email address, as we may contact you to verify your proxy.
    Note that as per clause 5.j in the Constitution, you must sent your
    proxy after 20/Aug/2011, and to keep the administrative load down
    we will only accept them if they are received prior to or on
    Friday 2/Sept/2011.

3.  I plan to present motions to change the Constitution moved prior to
    the election of the Executive.   If they are successful they will
    change the makeup of the Executive elected on the day.  The final
    form of the motions are yet to be decided, but the reasons behind
    them and what they may look like have been mooted on general:
      http://lists.humbug.org.au/pipermail/general/2011-June/019961.html

The full text of any constitutional changes will be posted to general at
least one week prior to the AGM, as per clause 10.d in the constitution.

You must be a financial member to vote at the AGM.  It is now too late
for new members to vote at the AGM, but non-financial members can pay
their dues by doing a direct bank transfer to Humbug account.
Instructions on how do so can be found here:

  http://www.humbug.org.au/Membership#bank-deposit-payment

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart