[H-ANNOUNCE] Humbug 2011 AGM Agenda

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Aug 21 19:45:43 EDT 2011

Humbug's 2011 AGM will be held at the next Humbug meeting, which is
Saturday week, the 3rd of September.  It will commence at 5 PM,
nominally in room N201 of the Hawkin Building.  "Nominally" because for
the past few meetings UQ security has not been able to open N201, so
they have been kind enough to let us into S201 instead.  S201 on the
same floor as N201, but is on the opposite (southerly) side of the
Hawkin building.

I encourage you to participate at the AGM.  If you can't attend in
person please lodge a proxy.  It is not difficult to do.  Just send an
email form your usual Humbug email address to admin at lists.humbug.org.au
which looks like this:

  I [your name] wish to nominate [name of person attending the AGM who
  is eligible to vote] as my proxy at the Humbug 2011 AGM.  You may
  contact me on [your phone number] to verify this proxy.

To make it easier you can nominate myself as your proxy.  If you do not
indicate a preference I will use your proxy to vote as follows:

  - To accept the reports from the previous AGM.
  - To accept any constitutional amendments I move.
  - You will abstain on any executive position I am nominated for.

I will decide on the day how to vote on other motions that may arise.
Note that in accordance with clause 10.d of the constitution, the full
text of any constitutional changes will be made available a week before
the AGM, so you will have plenty of time to peruse them before
submitting your proxy.

The agenda will be as follows:

Midnight Deadline for proxies.  No proxies will be accepted after
         Midnight 2nd Sept 2011 to make bookkeeping on the day easier.

5:00 PM  Attendance sheet is distributed.  All proxies you hold must
         be noted on the attendance sheet.

5:15 PM  Meeting is opened.

5:16 PM  Reports from the current Executive.  These will be a brief
         summary of events in 2011.

5:30 PM  General Business - moving of constitutional changes.

5:40 PM  Other general business.

5:50 PM  Election of new Executive.

6:00 PM  Close.

After the AGM closes the new committee will commence accepting
membership payments for the 2011/2012 year.  This is traditionally the
time most people renew their membership.

Finally, Humbug needs a motivated and energetic Executive.  At the AGM
people who could fill the roles on the Executive are nominated form the
floor, and if there is more than one nominee for any position we vote on
it.  If you are keen to see things change, or have some ideas or just
think it is time for new blood nominate yourself or someone else for a
position on the Executive.  We need you!

I will be nominating myself for President for 2011/2012.

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart