[H-ANNOUNCE] Fw: Linux Programmer required for contract.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 02:31:23 EDT 2006

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:39:13 +1000
From: John McMonagle
To: secretary at humbug.org.au

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be ok to post a job advertisment on your
announce mailing list.

Details of the advertisment are below:

Title:  Linux Programmer
Type: Contract
Location: Brisbane (Skilled applicants based in other locations are
also encouraged to apply)

Company
-------
Velseis Pty Ltd is an Australian seismic exploration company, with over
25 years of experience throughout the Asia-Pacific Region. The company
provides contracting services for coal, mineral and hydrocarbon
exploration.

Desirable Skills
----------------
- linux kernel & driver development
- TCP/IP application development
- knowledge of uCLinux distribution
- hardware testing and validation

Languages
---------
- C (priority)
- python

Detailed Tasks
--------------
- development of uClinux drivers for analog to digital devices,
 bluetooth devices, SPI devices, GPS devices
- testing and validation of hardware
- development of TCP/IP applications

We envisage an initial full-time project of 2-3 months, with the
possibility of a longer term relationship. We would also consider
other arrangements (part-time, remote consulting etc.)

 A competitive remuneration will be negotiated with the
 successful candidate.

 Applications may be submitted to jmcmonagle at velseis.com.au.

Applications close 28th August 2006.

Regards,