[H-ANNOUNCE] Jobs at MySQL AB: Product Engineer

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Wed Aug 24 05:16:09 EDT 2005

Jobs at MySQL AB: Product Engineer

http://www.mysql.com/company/jobs/product_engineer.html

Product engineering (configuration management) at MySQL is about
building and packaging our products, and regression testing, on a large
variety of platforms. As a product engineer at MySQL you will also find
yourself being in the center of all activities, with daily contacts with
all parts of the company, like support, QA, development and marketing.

MySQL now needs to hire another product engineer, to make sure we can
deliver the needed products in time and with quality.

We are searching for the best, most qualified and dedicated people
around. You may work from anywhere in the world as long as you have the
necessary skills and technical facilities to communicate across the
Internet.

Job Definition
 - To add more automation and improve repeatability around all parts
   of doing builds
 - Document and communicate test results, including issues found and
   their resolution; participate in root cause analysis
 - Solve build problems, and improve the build environment
 - Make sure releases are produced timely, and with quality
 - Perform custom builds, from varying specifications and on different
   platforms
 - Ensure that the packaging satisfy the goal of making MySQL easy to
   understand, install and use
 - To help other parts of the company with build questions and issues

Qualifications
 - You are thorough and pay attention to details, but know how to
   balance and not loose sight of the big picture
 - 3 years experience in developing and maintaining automated scripts,
   with very strong Perl skills, and also good at Bourne shell, and
   maybe Python
 - Excellent verbal / written communications skills in English
 - Wide knowledge of computer systems and operating systems (Windows,
   Linux, UNIX) with in-depth experience with the Linux operating
   systems
 - You work efficiently in an Unix environment, including using standard
   Open Source development tools (gcc, gdb, libtools, etc), especially
   "make" and the GNU auto tools
 - Proven experience in C/C++ programming and experience with different
   C/C++ compilers
 - Basic knowledge of database concepts, tools and technologies (MySQL,
   Oracle, MS SQL Server, ODBC)
 - While not required, it is a plus if you have experience in using
   Microsoft build tools and how to debug in the Windows environment
 - You are familiar with and support the Open Source model of working
   and like sharing work both internally and externally
 - Ability to work remotely (most of us work from home) in a small team
   with frequent interaction, but also independently and with limited
   supervision
 - You know where/how to look up information to solve a given tasks
 - You like to document things, to simplify work for yourself, teammates
   and others

To apply, please use our Job Application Form.
http://www.mysql.com/company/jobs/jobapp.php?job=product-engineer

--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL related blogs @ http://www.planetmysql.org/