[H-ANNOUNCE] Australian Open Source Symposium

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Tue May 20 04:01:42 EDT 2003

[ Humbug *Announce* list.  This list is moderated, please send useful  ]
[ replies to the originator of this message, or the general/chat lists ]

----- Forwarded message from Paul Gearon <pag at PISoftware.com> -----

From: Paul Gearon <pag at PISoftware.com>
To: auug-announce at auug.org.au
Subject: Australian Open Source Symposium

AOSS 5

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The fifth Australian Open Source Symposium (AOSS 5) will be held in
Brisbane on Wednesday July 16, 2003.

Previous AOSS events were held in Melbourne (1999), Adelaide (2000),
Canberra (2001) and Sydney (2002).

AOSS is run by developers, for developers. Our goals are to promote the
sharing of information and experience, give the community a place to
interact, and nurture and harness synergies between Open Source projects.

Just as Open Source is a little different, so is AOSS. While we welcome
formal papers, we are actively encouraging informal (but well prepared)
presentations that are both timely and interesting. We know that Open Source
changes fast, and that developers would rather write code than papers.

AOSS generally involves short presentations, by developers, of:

	* existing open source projects
	* works in progress
	* cool and bizarre feats of coding

In addition to these technical presentations, for AOSS5 we are seeking
presentations related to the management of open source projects, such as:

        * designing for portability
        * testing and verification methods
	* caring about application usability
        * methods for handling users, flamers and groupies

Typical AOSS presentations are 30 minutes in duration; please indicate
if you require a longer session.

TIMETABLE:

Abstracts (around 100 words) are due Wednesday June 11, 2003.

PRESENTERS WILL RECEIVE FREE REGISTRATION

Please email submissions to aoss at auug.org.au.

AOSS 5 is proudly supported by AUUG Inc, and HUMBUG.

AUUG Website:  http://www.auug.org.au
Ph: 1-800-625 655

HUMBUG web site: http://www.humbug.org.au/